Sunday 28 December 2014

Chapter 5

She followed Richie into the bedroom, God that was the best shower she had in years. Richie lay down on the bed and patted the spot next to him, indicating for her to sit down. Willingly she jumped up and curled up next to him. "Today was horrible, until you came, King". "Evie, explain to me why my throat's sore". Richie asked. She sighed, "My 'assistant' put a tube down your throat, you know for the anesthetic"
"Okay I was just being curious "
She leaned against him, her head against his shoulder, her eyes felt heavy and she fell asleep. Richie got up and pulled the covers around her. "I'll be in the living room if you need me, sweet dreams" Richie told her.
Richie walked into the living room, Jon sat on the sofa, watching TV.
Richie walked up to him, "Jon I don't think I can do the interview"
"Why?" Jon questioned his wingman.
"Look I had a operation today and I really need to rest"
"Richie, I can't let you do that, it's already been arranged"
" OK Jon"
He sat down on the sofa, and let out a small whimper.
"Rich you okay"
"I'm fine " he let out a cry of pain escape his lips this time, his hands gripping the side of his mouth.
"You are definitely not, I'm getting Evie" Jon told his friend.



She opened her eyes, Jon was standing there. "Shit Jon you scared  me,"
"Its Richie, something's wrong"
She pushed him and ran down the stairs, as fast as her legs would take her. Richie lay on the couch, in obvious pain.
"Richie, talk to me, what's happened"
" Blood,..... mouth" was all that he could manage.
She opened his mouth and looked at it, blood everywhere in his mouth. "No, no, no the stitches they fell out before his mouth could heal, Jon get me my needle and kit"
"No needles, Evie" he said as she prepared by putting on gloves, Jon handed her the needle.
"I'm so sorry Richie " she told him as she injected the needle firmly in his gum, earning a firm cry from Richie.
"Jon give him sedation, please now" she told him as Richie whimpered uncontrollably, the blood filling his entire mouth.
"I'll have to tell Doc the interview's off" Jon managed before he phoned their manager.
She put some cotton-wool into his mouth to soak up some of the blood. She started to stitch his gum back up, meticulously taking care of each stitch, Jon held Richie's head still.


Was this a dream?. Wait no it wasn't, he looked straight up only to find his band mate's face staring at him, worry in his eyes.
His eyes felt sleepy all of a sudden,  must be these sedation drugs, he closed his eyes waiting for this to be over.
She finally managed to do the last stitch, and took out the cotton-wool rolls from Richie's mouth.
She got up and went into the kitchen, poured a glass of water, and put it next to Richie.
"Jon, I'm going to my bedroom"
She went up to her bedroom and jumped onto the comfortable bed, and closed her weary eyes. It was now the late evening and Evie snuggled under the covers, she fell straight asleep, it had been a very long day, and a hellish one at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment